BioGuard Burnout 3 (1 lb bags)
BioGuard Burnout 3 is a high-powered chlorine shock that will quickly kill off any bacteria or other organic contaminants, restoring your pool water to clarity and health. Its quick-dissolving granular formula can be added directly to pool water without messy pre-dissolving, making application easy and hassle-free. It is designed specifically to work safely in vinyl and plaster pools without fear of bleaching, and is also compatible with chlorine and bromine sanitizers. Best of all, Burn Out 3 is made to the exacting standards BioGuard demands of all its products, allowing you to buy with confidence.
57.8 % calcium hypochlorite
57.8% available chlorine
Suitable for vinyl and plaster pools
Available in easy-to-apply one pound bags
Maintains brilliantly clear water
Destroys organic contaminants
Directions for use:
1. Ensure all pool equipment is working properly
2. Backwash or clean filter system according to manufacturer's directions
3. Adjust pH to between 7.2-7.6. In chlorinated swimming pools, add a minimum 30-40 ppm stabilizer level to reduce the effects of sunlight upon the chlorine residual (do not add stabilizer to bromine treated pools)
4. Check for metals before using this product. If present, add BioGuard Scale Inhibitor to prevent metal staining on pool surface
5. When using other products as directed in conjunction with this product, always follow directions on those products
For shock treatment:
1. Apply this product at a rate of 1 pound per 20,000 gallons every week (alternatively 1 pound per 10,000 gallons of water every other week) into the deep end of the swimming pool when the pool is not in use (preferably at night)
2. Reapply after heavy rain or heavy bather load
For super chlorination
Super chlorination is needed when cloudy water, strong chlorine odors, eye irritation, or high levels of combined chlorine are encountered.
1. Apply this product at a rate of 2 pounds (see application method on bag) per 12,000 gallons of water into the deep end of the pool when the pool is not in use (preferably at night)
To kill algae when algae growth is evident in the pool
1. Brush all pool surfaces with a surface compatible brush prior to application of product
2. Apply this product at a rate of 2 pounds (see application method on bag) per 12,000 gallons of water into the deep end of the pool when the pool is not in use (preferably at night)
3. Keep circulation system operating continuously for the next 24 hours, then backwash to clean the filter.